S

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

6.12 Like Gavin and Gwen

[Rory walks up the doors to her apartment, and sees flowers sitting outside the door. She sighs, picks them up, and walks inside, where they are dozens of other flowers already sitting]
Paris: Oh, terrific. Bring them on in, Algernon. The more the merrier.
Rory: Its Logan's doing. What can I do?
Paris: Tell him to stop.
Rory: We're not speaking, remember.
Paris: Well, they're putting our lives in jeopardy.
Rory: Oh, stop it.
Paris: They scream bling. Draw eyes to the apartment. Bad guys see roses, then come for our diamonds.
Rory: We dont have diamonds.
Paris: The doo wopp group doesnt know that. [Rory goes to put them on the window sill] Yeah! By the window's good, next to the neon sign that says 'Come pistol whip us'.
Rory: Fine, Ill hide them.
Paris: Ya know. I see Logan at the paper, a few times a week. I can lean on him. Make him stop.
Rory: He's going to get the message eventually.
Paris: Well, he better get it quick. Between the paper and classes, Im only home a few hours a day, and Id rather not spend them in mortal fear.
[the door knocks, and Paris jumps against the wall]
Rory: Paris!
Paris: YEAH?
UPS Guy: UPS. I got a package for Rory Gilmore.
Paris: From?
UPS Guy: Harry and David.
Paris: Great, scented fruit.
Rory: Sorry.
Paris: Step back from the door, and keep your hands where I can see them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Rory is leaving the Yale Daily News when she runs into a coffee cart]
Rory: Excuse me.
Ben: You're Rory Gilmore?
Rory: Yes.
Ben: Someone pointed you out to me. This is for you.
Rory: What is?
Ben: The coffee cart.
Rory: It is? For me?
Ben: Courtesy of Logan Huntzberger.
Rory: Oh, I see. Well, I dont want any coffee. Thanks anyway and sorry, you wasted your time, Ben. [she walks away]
Ben: No problem [he follows her]
Rory: What are you doing?
Ben: Im hired for the day
Rory: What?
Ben: Yup. All day. Anytime you want some coffee, biscotti, I will be here.
Rory: Thats not necessary.
Ben: Ive already been paid. Alot
Rory: [sighs] Fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Lorelai walks into the living room of the Dragonfly, and sees Logan sitting there].
Logan: Hi.
Lorelai: Hello.
Logan: I was going to call you, but then I figured you wouldnt take the call.
Lorelai: Yeah, you figured right.
Logan: I just need a minute.
Lorelai: I cant fathom what a minute of my time is going to do for you.
Logan: Just a minute, please, and then I am gone.
Lorelai: Okay.
Logan: Look, I know I am not your favorite person in the world.
Lorelai: No, you are definitely low on the list. Right above that guy who thought up small pox blankets.
Logan: Well, in my defense, I think Im a notch or two above that.
Lorelai: You're not exactly in a position to comment on that, are you?
Logan: No.
Lorelai: No. In fact, lets take inventory of all the delightful things that have happened since you waltzed into my daughter's life. She was arrested, convicted, she's on probation, she'll have a criminal record unless we can get it expunged. She dropped out of school, moved out of my house, she didnt speak to me for 5 months, 3 weeks, and 16 days. Wait a minute, come to think of it, you are my favorite person!
Logan: Okay, I can defend myself on one or two of those points, as well.
Lorelai: No, you cant. Why are you here?
Logan: I miss her, okay. I made a mistake, and Im trying to rectify it, but nothing is working. She wont talk to me.
Lorelai: Can you blame her?
Logan: No. Im doing everything I can. Flowers, gifts...
Lorelai: All your old stand-bys, huh?
Logan: Books, coffee cart...Im trying to show her how I feel.
Lorelai: And it sounds like she's trying to show you how she feels.
Logan: Look, I figured this was a suicide mission, okay. Its probably something you and Rory will laugh about for years to come. But Im not giving up until I exhaust all my options, and asking for your help is one of them.
Lorelai: Really?
Logan: Yes.
Lorelai: You're seriously here to ask for my help with Rory? Its not a joke?
Logan: Im going for broke, here.
Lorelai: Well...you've got moxie, my friend. I'll give you that.
Logan: I think I get it from my dad.
Lorelai: I hate your dad.
Logan: Me too. See, we have things in common, you and me. Maybe this isnt so crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Rory walks up to her apartment, where Logan is standing with a box of donuts]
Logan: I come bearing gifts.
Rory: I have to unlock the door.
Logan: You cant say no to these, I know you. Its biologically impossible.
Rory: Oh yeah? [looks] No.
Logan: That seems very cumbersome.
Rory: You get used to it.
Logan: Did you get the coffee cart?
Rory: Do you really think we're going to chit chat?
Logan: I just wanted to know.
Rory: Yes, I got it. And the flowers, and the books, and the candles, and the fruit, whats next on the list? A marching band, a parrot who says Im sorry? You have to go.
Logan: Wait. [pulls out an envelope]
Rory: Whats that, a subpoena?
Logan: Its a note from your mother.
Rory: You're kidding.
Logan: Check out the handwriting, Dragonfly stationary. Can we get out of the hallway? [they go inside] I went to see her at her Inn. We talked a little, it was a tad humiliating. She told me to wait, and she came back with this. She said to give it to you.
Rory: What does it say?
Logan: I was instructed not to read it. She even signed the seal on the envelope to make sure.
Rory: You have no idea what this says?
Logan: None. [she opens the letter, and starts reading] Whats it say?
Rory: Shh. [keeps reading and smiles]
Logan: Whats it say?
Rory: Shh. [keeps reading and laughs]
Logan: What does it say?
Rory: Shh.
Logan: Come on, Ace. You're laughing. Is that good or bad?
Rory: [nods as she reads] Hmmm. Yup...yup...[laughs]
Logan: Just give me some indication of whether its good or bad...something, anything. Okay, fine. Just tell me, is there anything in there about giving me a second chance?
Rory: I have to reread it.
Logan: Please dont do that. Ace, come on, just come out with me. Let me make it up to you.
Rory: Maybe dinner.
Logan: When?
Rory: Ill have to check my schedule.
Logan: So check it.
Rory: I cant do it right now!
Logan: So....
Rory: Ill call you.
Logan: Good enough, good enough, you promise you'll call.
Rory: Leave the donuts.