S

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

6.14 You've Been Gilmored

[Rory is talking on the phone, talking to Logan]
Rory: And the decent off campus apartments, are long gone. The ones that are left, make Paris and Doyle's place look like Versailles.
Logan: What are you talking about? Why do you need a place?
Rory: I got elected editor of the Daily News.
Logan: What?!? You did?!?!
Rory: Yes.
Logan: Wow! Finally someone good running that place! Someone great! You're gonna be great.
Rory: Well, hotplate Harriet took it very badly.
Logan: Who's that?
Rory: Paris. She threw all my stuff out into the hallway. So, Im sitting here, guarding it all, until the movers get here.
Logan: Oh, man. Paris...idiot.
Rory: And my books look sad. Can books look sad?
Logan: Look, we'll figure this out. Now, you said you got movers.
Rory: Starving students. How starving can they be if they cant come for five hours after you call. Plus, I heard the guy crunching on something during our call. Sounded like Baked Lays.
Logan: And you've got to nowhere to go, right?
Rory: Right-a-mundo.
Logan: Well...you can move in with me.
Rory: What?
Logan: Move in with me. Paris' place is a hole anyway. I never liked that you lived there, and that Doo-Wopp group downstairs...I dont think they're an honest to goodness singing group.
Rory: Logan, thats really sweet. But I cant move in with you.
Logan: Why not? You're here half the time anyway. You've already got two dresser drawers you call your own. And right now, for a limited time, Ill throw in three more drawers and a set of Gentsu knives.
Rory: Really?
Logan: No, I have no idea where you get Gentsu knives.
Rory: Its kind of a big step, isnt it?
Logan: You need a place, I got the space. It'll be fun. Dont you think it will be fun?
Rory: Fun?
Logan: Come on, Ace. You know what I mean. What do you say?
Rory: Well...I might need just one more drawer. I can put my socks in a shoebox under the bed.
Logan: Is that a yes?
Rory: I guess thats a yes.
Logan: Good. Im calling Colin and Finn. They'll be right over to get your stuff.
Rory: Okay.
Logan: And no shoeboxes. You're getting those drawers.
Rory: I'll take them. [to a woman in the hall] Wait! Wait! [to Logan] Hold on, I gotta take this. [to woman] Okay, get past the hamper, veer left at the mirror. Grab the large pipe at the wall to get yourself to the desk, which you can then go over or under, Ill guide you from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Rory and Chris are outside Logan's apartment]
Chris: Man, did you see the lobby?
Rory: Uh, yeah. Once or twice.
Chris: That was a lobby. And the doorman? Im still going to give him something extra to look after you, by the way.
Rory: You dont have to do that.
Chris: Are you kidding? I love slipping people money to do things. We're here?
Rory: Yeah.
Chris: You got a key, or is it scanning your retina for access?
Rory: Dad...I have to be straight with you about something.
Chris: Oops.
Rory: No. Its just...today was a weird day. It started really great, with me gettingg voted Editor in Chief of my school paper.
Chris: What? You did? Oh, boy, Rory. Thats amazing.
Rory: Thank you, it is. Its just...Paris, my roommate, Paris. She was the editor, um...but when she found out that I was made the new editor...she threw me out.
Chris: What? Do you want me to talk to her?
Rory: No, its fine. Its just, that I had no place to go. So, I moved in with my boyfriend.
Chris: Oh.
Rory: In there.
Chris: Your boyfriend...
Rory: You actually met him once.
Chris: I did?
Rory: At Grandma's vow renewal. He was the guy with the...
Chris: Right.
Rory: Yes.
Chris: When I walked in, and you two...
Rory: Exactly.
Chris: Alright. Why dont we open the door so I can see what my daughter living with her boyfriend looks like.
Rory: Okay.
[they go inside. Logan is sitting on the couch, reading. Rory walks up to him, he takes his headphones off, as she motions behind him.]
Logan: Hey.
Rory: Hi. I tried to call you to let you know we were coming over, but you didnt answer.
Logan: Right, headphones.
Rory: They work.
Logan: Sure do.
Rory: So, Logan, this is my father, Christopher.
Logan: Hi, good to meet you.
Chris: Actually, we've met.
Logan: I know.
Chris: Dont worry about it. Wow, this is some spread.
Logan: Ah, thanks. [whispers to Rory, as Chris looks around] Why's your dad here?
Rory: He wanted to see where I live, what was I supposed to do?
Logan: Yeah, but a little bit of a warning...
Rory: I tried to call you.
Chris: Should I put the headphone on? Because Im right here.
Rory: No, sorry.
Logan: Yeah, sorry.
Chris: I didnt mean to barge in on you like this. I just want to make sure my kid's got a decent place to live, thats all. Hey, so, how do you like the plasma?
Logan: Love it.
CHris: Yeah, Im thinking about getting a 60-inch for the bedroom.
Logan: Well, Ive got a great home theater guy if you need some help.
CHris: I may take you up on that.
Rory: Do you want something to drink, Dad?
Chris: Sure, Ill take a soda if you got one.
Rory: Coming right up.
Chris: Wow, thats a great view. [Logan and Chris walk towards the window]
Logan: Yeah, thats the old campus over there.
Chris: Oh, me and the old campus go way back. Is that? It is. Its Andicott Peabody. Why do you have that? Are you a Groton man?
Logan: Was...briefly. I actually swiped that from the Headmaster's Office on my way out the door.
Chris: I was kicked out of Groton.
Logan: You're kidding.
Chris: Nope, did a semester at St. Sebastian's after that.
Logan: I know several people who got kicked out of St. Sebastian's. My good friend, Colin, was actually banned from coming anywhere within a ten mile radius.
Chris: Impressive.
Rory: Here you go.
Chris: Thank you. After St. Sebastian's, I went on to St. Cybil's.
Logan: I almost went there myself, but I wound up at St. Mark's instead.
Chris: How long did you last there?
Logan: About a week.
Chris: Yeah. They got quite the trigger finger at St. Marks. Ever go to Deerfield?
Logan: Please, Deerfield's for amateurs. I got kicked out of Rivers.
Chris: I didnt think Rivers kicked anybody out.
Logan: Neither did we. But Dean Edlon's miata at the bottom of the Lake Rutherford proved just the ticket.
Chris: Rory, you've got a good man here.
Rory: Interesting yard stick you're using.
CHris: Hey, listen, Logan, we were just going to grab some dinner. You want to come with?
Logan: I dont want to introude.
Rory: No, come.
Logan: Ok, sure. Just let me grab my wallet, and Ill be right with you.
Rory: You're being nice to him.
Chris: He's a cool guy.
Rory: Listen. I havent had a chance to tell Mom about this yet. Its not a big deal, it just happened so fast, so just...
Chris: I got it.
Rory: Im going to tell her about it today.
Chris: You tell her. Im gonna go TV shopping.
Logan: Ok...Rich Man's Shoe.
Rory: Where else?
Chris: Rich Man's Shoe?
Rory: Best burgers within walking distance.
Logan: We have very high culinary standards here at Yale.
Chris: Woah. Is that the new XBOX 360? OKay. Im totally moving in here with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Lorelai is on the phone with Chris when Rory calls]
Lorelai: Hey kid, whats going on?
Rory: Not much. Having a bad reaction to an onion brick.
Lorelai: What part of onion brick do you not understand?
Rory: I gave Dad his tour today.
Lorelai: Yeah, it was nice.
Rory: It was nice. He saw the campus, we had dinner.
Lorelai: Aw, how very 7th Heaven of you.
Rory: Listen, I have some news. Two pieces of news, actually. One is good, and one is...lets say, interesting.
Lorelai: Oh, intrigue.
Rory: Well, first. I was made the new editor of the Yale Daily News.
Lorelai: No, really? Rory! Thats awesome!
Rory: It is awesome.
Lorelai: My God, I didnt even know you were up for the job.
Rory: I wasnt, actually. It all kind of happened at the last minute.
Lorelai: Hey, wasnt Paris the editor?
Rory: Yes, she was. Which brings me to my next piece of news.
Lorelai: Okay.
Rory: Paris was ousted. and when she found out that I had taken her place, she kind of kicked me out of the apartment.
Lorelai: Well, sure.
Rory: So, I had no place to live, and there were absolutely no apartments to rent anywhere near campus...so, I moved in with Logan.
Lorelai: Wow. Big news.
Rory: Yeah.
Lorelai: Well, geez. Tell me about his place, is it nice?
Rory: Oh, yeah, its really nice.
Lorelai: Where is it?
Rory: The Taft building, right off campus. Top floor.
Lorelai: Top floor, cool. Good view?
Rory: Great view.
Lorelai: Awesome. How many rooms?
Rory: Dad told you, didnt he?
Lorelai: Oh, come on. I was doing so well.
Rory: Please.
Lorelai: How did you know?
ROry: Are you kidding me? Hows the view? Is it nice? You didnt call me Hester Prynne once.
Lorelai: Dont be mad thing. He was just trying to do the Dad thing. He hated it by the way
Rory: Im not mad.
Lorelai: Good.
Rory: So...
Lorelai: So what?
Rory: So, what do you think of me moving in with Logan?
Lorelai: Im sorry, do you remember what happened the last time I piped in with my opinion on your life choices?
Rory: Mom, come on.
Lorelai: You dont want to make sure the poolhouse is clean first?
Rory: Mom.
Lorelai: Ok, well. Moving in, thats pretty big.
Rory: I know.
Lorelai: I mean, I dont know. Ive never lived with a guy. And there' that whole thing with the cow, and the milks free. I guess I would hate to think that you really moved in with him because there was a housing shortage. Because Its a big step.
Rory: I love him.
Lorelai: Well, I want you to be happy.
Rory: I am happy. Really happy.
Lorelai: Well okay, then. Congratulations. Big day.
Rory: Thanks.