S

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

6.17 I'm Ok, You're Ok

Rory and Paris are sitting on the couch, eating Chinese food]
Paris: I say we repaint.
Rory: Did you ever paint?
Paris: No. Doyle doesnt believe in improving someone else's property.
Rory: Men!
Paris: Yeah, men.
Rory: Well, [i]we[/i] will repaint.
Paris: A new color scheme for a new era.
Rory: I'll eat to that.
Paris: This is going to be great. You and me in a freshly painted apartment, no men, just lots and lots of Chinese food.
Rory: We are going to get huge.
Paris: Its okay. We'll get a treadmill.
Rory: Yeah, You always wanted a treadmill.
Paris: I did. But Doyle thought 'why get a treadmill when you can walk outside?'
Rory: With all the murderers and rapists.
Paris: Thats what I would say. Im glad you're back.
Rory: Me too. You know Paris, Im really sorry about the whole editorship thing.
Paris: Its okay.
Rory: I didnt lobby for the job, I mean...I swear, I had no idea.
Paris: Forget it. I mean, who are we kidding? I am not cut out to deal with people. I was made to be in a lab or an operating room, or a bunker somewhere with a well behaved monkey by my side. Im sorry, too. You know, for throwing you out.
Rory: Consider it even.
[there's a knock at the door]
Paris: Did we actually order that pizza?
Rory: I thought it was just discussed.
Paris: Who is it?
Logan: Its Logan.
Rory: I dont want to talk to him!
Paris: I got it.
[Paris opens the door, but keeps the chain on]
Paris: Well, well, if it isnt New Haven's favorite whorehound.
Logan: Is Rory here?
Paris: Yes.
Logan: Can I talk to her?
Paris: No. You can talk to me. [she unchains the door] What do you want to talk about? Life, love, common symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?
Logan: Rory...
Paris: Rashes, sores, insanity...
Logan: Five minutes, please!
Paris: You know, there are a few things Ive always wanted to say to you, but out of respect for my friend, Rory, here, Ive refrained. However, the circumstances seem to have changed.
Logan: You dont know what you're talking about, Paris.
Paris: I know you cheated on Rory.
Logan: I did not cheat on Rory!
Paris: Are you going to deny it? Are you serious?
Logan: We were apart!
Paris: Oh, please!
Logan: We were! We werent together. Why the hell am I arguing with you? I dont want you back.
Paris: You, Logan Huntzberger, are nothing but a two bit, spoiled waste of a trust fund. You offer nothing to women, or the world in general. If you were to disappear off the face of the earth tomorrow, the only person who would miss you is your porsche dealer.
Logan: (to Rory) Want to chime in here?
Rory: No. I think Paris has got it covered.
Logan: Ok, thats it. [pushes past Paris]
Paris: Hey!
Logan: Rory, I just need sixty seconds.
Rory: Go away, Logan.
Paris: No one invited you in. Get out right this second, before I go Bonaduce on your ass.
Logan: Im not going away, Im not going anywhere. We're going to talk.
[Doyle walks in]
Doyle: What the hell is this door doing unlocked?
Paris: What are you doing here?
Doyle: I want to talk to you
Paris: I told you to go.
Doyle: You did, and I did. I left, and went out and got drunk, and I thought about why I left and why I got drunk, and I realized that you are wrong.
Paris: I am not. And what are you wearing?
Doyle: Dont change the subject!
Logan: (to Rory) Can we go in the other room?
Doyle: We're supposed to be together, Paris. You know it, I know it, and your life coach knows it!
Paris: Terrence has been wrong before. When I wanted to get the page boy haircut, remember?
Doyle: Paris, listen to me. I am the best thing that ever happened to you.
Paris: Well, if thats true, then its all uphill from here.
Doyle: You know, I didnt have to come back here begging for you to talk to me. I have options.
Paris: Right.
Doyle: I do! In fact, I almost hooked up with a really hot chick tonight.
Rory: I dont see how thats going to help your case, Doyle. At all. (to Logan) You know what, fine. Lets take this out into the hall.
Paris: You could have hooked up with a hot chick?
Doyle: Yes.
Paris: In rhinestone buttons? Who was it Sheila E?
(Rory and Logan go out into the hallway)
Rory: Two minutes. Go.
Logan: Look, I understand that you're upset, and I really wish that you hadnt found out like that. But Rory, I love you. You know that I love you. When I said that I was your boyfriend, I agreed to be faithful to you, which, by the way, was a first for me. And I thought it would be hard, but it wasnt. Then I asked you to move in with me. I asked you to move in with [b]me[/b], and I thought that was going to be hard, but it wasnt. I have been completely faithful to you, Rory. I have not been with another girl, I have not looked at another girl, I have not even thought about another girl.
Rory: Except for Walker, Alexandra...
Logan: We were broken up, Rory.
Rory: No, you were.
Logan: I thought we were broken up, I thought thats what the fight was. I thought thats what the seperation was. Do you believe me? Do you believe that I honestly thought we werent together?
Rory: I guess....
Logan: So then, if you believe that. That I thought we werent together, then in my mind, I was not cheating on you.
Rory: I guess.
Logan: So then, if you believe that in my mind I was not cheating on you, do you think you can forget what those vipers said today, put it behind you, and just come home with me? Come on, Rory. Just come home with me, lets forget this crappy day ever happened. Just go home. Do you want to make a pro/con list?
Rory: Do not mock my pro/con lists!
Logan: I am not mocking you pro/con lists. I actually think the list will come out in my favor.
Rory: Well, Id have to tell Paris Im going.
Logan: Absolutely. Tell Paris you're going.
Rory: (opens the door) Woah!! Oh!
Logan: What?
Rory: They made up. Either that, or Krav Maga is way kinkier that I thought it was.
Logan: Well, you can tell her tomorrow. After all, it is tomorrow.
Rory: Yeah, I can just call her from home.
(Logan takes her hand]
Logan: We okay?
Rory: Yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Rory walks into Logan's apartment]
Logan: Where the hell have you been?
Rory: Oh, I went to Stars Hollow to visit my mom for a couple of days.
Logan: You went to Stars Hollow?
Rory: Yup.
Logan: You could have told me, Ace. Left a note, called, something.
Rory: Yeah, I know, I should have.
Logan: I mean, I wake up, and you're gone.
Rory: I didnt mean to freak you out.
Logan: I kept calling your cell. I must have called it a hundred times,
Rory: Oh, yeah. Well, my cell died, and my charger was here, of course. I have to buy an extra one, you keep telling me that.
Logan: Finally, I check in with the paper, and they told me youve been emailing stuff, so at least I knew you were alive.
Rory: I am so sorry, it just became this whole thing. My grandparents stopped by unexpectedly, which took forever. And, anyhow, its a long story, it wont happen again. I should take a shower.
Logan: Rory.
Rory: Yeah?
Logan: You sure everything's okay?
Rory: Yeah, fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home